*photo of watermelon Deb grew in 2010
In store price $2.50
Sold in a black 2.5" pot.
Available in store.
- Can we grow melons in Alberta? The answer is yes!
- We carefully choose varieties that have shorter "days to maturity" this affords us enough time to grow a melon
Now that we know they can grow here, what can we do to have the happiest plant?
- They love heat, they need heat, grow them in a sunny area
- you can grow them in a garden, large pots or in a greenhouse
- like pumpkins, you can speed up germination by hand pollinating your melons
- once your plant has fruit on it, make sure it gets a lot of water
- before a frost in the fall, harvest!!
Watermelon - 2.5" Pot