Tall Vining Type (Indeterminate) Grow 4' to 6'tall, Roma/Paste
In store price $4.00
Sold in a 3.5" black pot.
Available in store.
- transplant to the garden once soil is warm to the touch, usually 1st week of June
- tomatoes are very sensitive to frost and cold temperatures and will die if they are frozen or even a frost gets on them
- can grow in a large planter (with a dish underneath) or in a garden
- they need a lot of sunlight & a lot of water
- if they get too dry and wilt in the sun the plants can get a sunburn
- for maximum yields and quality fruit they need plant food, we use and recommend a tomato plant food by Natures Source, we carry it in store
- prune out up to 30% of the non-fruiting branches
- Determinate varieties are "Bushy" and a tomato cage will suffice - grow 12" to 3' tall
- Indeterminate varieties are "vining" and they need a tomato cage plus they need to be tied up, they can grow 4 to 6 feet tall
- Pick tomatoes when ripe like they look at the store, in the fall, just before a heavy frost, pick all your tomatoes, even if they're green, bring into your house and lay in boxes in single layers, they may take a while, but they will ripen
Tomato Roma - 3.5" Pot