*Karl Foerster is shown in the photo, not the blue grass, but the two clumps in the corners, tall wheat looking grass with the blonde seed heads
In store price $12.00
Sold in a black 1 gallon pot.
Available in store.
Growing Karl Foerster Grass:
- Karl Foerster is a perennial grass so we recommend planting it in the ground, a flower bed or as a walkway border the options are endless, it is commonly used by cities and town and we see it in highway meridians and landscaping around restaurants, even the Expo Centre in Edmonton has Karl Foerster grass
- they choose it because it's hardy and easy to grow
- I wouldn't try to overwinter it in a planter, the odds of it surviving drop considerably
- I had it in my flower beds at my farm, on a dry year it grew 4' tall but on a particularly rainy year it grew 6' tall
- grow in partial shade to full sun, including the north, east, south and west sides of your home, they can go on the north side if they are further away from the house and will get direct sunlight
- minimum of 4 hours of direct sunlight to a maximum of all day sun.
- transplant into flowerbeds
- ornamental grasses/cannas are tolerant with being in both sun or shade
Grass Ornamental Karl Forester 1 gallon pot