In store price $5.50
Sold in a 6 pack pot.
Available in store.
- grow in part to full sun
- grow in a garden, flower bed or a large planter
- they can get fairly tall around 24"
- space them about 24" between each plant
- its a good plan to cover them with a frost blanket
- when the heads are filling in make sure to water them a lot, they need the extra water, if they are lacking the heads can split
- it's fun and rewarding to grow your own food
- eat fresh or cooked
- preserve by blanching then freezing or make it into a slaw or sourkraut
- Harvest when you're ready to process it, they do store fresh a long time, keep them cool and dark, remove the large outer leaves until it looks like a cabbage from the store.
- little white butterflies adore cabbage and want to lay their eggs on it, so not cool, because the eggs hatch into creepy green worms that are a nightmare to clean, prevent the butterflies from landing on the cabbage by covering with a frost blanket or you can use a chemical powder if you choose, covering the cabbage with a frost blanket is a very easy and proven method for clean cabbage
- a common issue with plants in the brassica family is cut worms, cut worms can occur naturally in your soil, sneaky little devils, they look like little grubs and are easy to physically remove, but to prevent them from eating through the roots of your plants we recommend that when you dig the plant hole to dust it with diatomaceaus earth, a natural, chemical free way to kill cut worms and other unwanted pests.
- this seems like a lot of instruction but they are very easy to grow
Cabbage Copenhagen 6 pack