In store price $5.50
Sold in a 6 pack pot.
Available in store.
- grow in part to full sun
- grow in a garden, flower bed or a large planter
- they can get fairly tall around 36"
- space them about 18" between each plant
- it's fun and rewarding to grow your own food
- eat fresh or cooked
- preserve by blanching then freezing
- Harvest is usally in late summer or fall, when the sprouts start to form up the stalk its common practice to cut off or trim the leaves, doing this speeds up the sprouts filling in.
- if you wait and harvest the sprouts after a frost they will be sweeter
- a common issue with plants in the brassica family is cut worms, cut worms can occur naturally in your soil, sneaky little devils, they look like little grubs and are easy to physically remove, but to prevent them from eating through the roots of your plants we recommend that when you dig the plant hole to dust it with diatomaceaus earth, a natural, chemical free way to kill cut worms and other unwanted pests.
Brussel Sprouts 6 pack